Jul 14, 2014

Tulle Skirts and White Shirts

There are two things that I feel passionately about when it comes to fashion, those two things are: It is important to splurge on stand out pieces that make you feel like a million bucks, and basics are a necessity to your wardrobe. This top that I am wearing from Stone Cold Fox was expensive. Like make you look at your bank account and cry for the next month expensive. I spent a lot of money on it, and some people might think I am insane (ahem, my boyfriend) for spending so much money on such a simple piece, but simple pieces are so important to your wardrobe. This top might be simple, but it is also beautiful, and it goes with every single thing in my closet. Whenever I buy a really unique skirt or pair of pants, it is always tricky finding the right top to go with it, but not anymore. This top is the one that I grab for a lot when I am getting dressed in the morning. It goes with tulle skirts, leather shorts, and adds a feminine touch to my boyfriend jeans. I might be crazy for spending $200 on such a simple top, but I am definitely getting my moneys worth. You don't have to be as crazy or expensive as me when it comes to your basics, but it is important to have a wide selection of basics hanging in your closet. Head on down to your nearest H&M or Topshop and buy every white, grey, and black shirt you find, because I promise you will wear them all the time. Basics make getting dressed in the morning a whole lot easier.

Top: Stone Cold Fox
Skirt: For Love and Lemons
Shoes: Charles David

No comments:

Post a Comment