Feb 11, 2014

Layering Up

 Today was absolutely brutal in Austin. It was cold, windy, and rainy but I just had to make a trip out of my house for some sushi with my boyfriend. I will always risk getting pneumonia for raw fish. When it's this dreary outside, I like to layer up with some color. I matched my favorite cold weather items (black litas, black coat, black stockings) with some of my more colorful pieces hanging in my closet. A white leopard print dress, pink beanie, light denim button down, and bright jewelry mixed with my favorite black items made for a nice cozy outfit. Just because it's miserable outside doesn't mean you have to look miserable. There is no rule saying you can't wear bright colors on a dull day. Go into your closet and do a little experimenting with layering. Have some fun with the cold weather! Pretty soon it will be boiling hot and you will be crying because you miss your winter clothes. Shop this look below lovelies!


Dress: Spell & the Gypsy Collective
Beanie: Free People
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
Denim Shirt: American Apparel
Coat: Calvin Klein (old)
Turquoise pendant necklace: Free People (old)
Purple tooth necklace: Urban Outfitters (old)  




No comments:

Post a Comment