Sep 19, 2014

The Shirt Dress

I love incorporating masculine pieces into my outfits and making them look feminine. Today, I matched an over sized mens dress shirt with a pair of frilly socks and shiny loafers. It's the perfect Friday look, especially because on Fridays I roll out of bed at the last minute and have already mentally checked out from the previous week. On Fridays I just want to be comfortable, and as I stomped down the street in my loafers, away from my morning classes and back to my bed, I couldn't help but notice how many young women I passed wearing basketball shorts, messy buns, and yesterdays eye makeup smudged all over their faces. I realized that Friday is a CAN'T EVEN day. It is the one day a week that students are not ready to deal with. They are so ready for the weekend that they can't even deal with the Friday classes ahead of them. With this outfit, I am here to help with that Friday "cant even" slump. It is so easy to look adorable and be extremely tired at the same time. The shirt dress is the one piece every girl who can't deal with Friday should own. The shirt dress is every girls best friend. It is comfy, cute, and easy to put on at 8 A.M. and easy to get off for your nap at Noon. Ladies if you are going to listen to any of my fashion advice, listen to the shirt dress advice. I thank this piece every day for existing.

2 comments:

  1. you look adorable in that shirt.love the shoes and the frilly
    white socks are too cute on you.I bet everyone loved you in this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this LOOK, I am trying to think where I have seen such a shirt. I have sold menswear like BrooksBrothers so not anything trendy. I just love it, where would you find a shirt like that, not your typical oxford. THX KindieKane

    ReplyDelete