Aug 10, 2014

A Weekend In West Texas

 Is it possible to be in an environment that is relaxing and stressful all at the same time? This weekend me, my entire family, and my boyfriend traveled out West to Abilene, Texas to celebrate my soon to be niece. Anticipating the arrival of a baby is always stressful, but their is always a sense of tranquility that washes over me anytime I travel away from home. Whether it be to London or to Abilene, traveling makes me feel at peace. At my sister-in-laws baby shower I didn't feel like I belonged. I was surrounded by Lily Pulitzer clad sorority girls, and frankly I just didn't fit in. But I fit in perfectly to the house we rented. A southern themed house with white wood floors, vases filled with cotten, and chic cow skinned rugs. Every wall of the house was covered in old documents or old book covers. I mean, when was the last time you saw a house that had old book covers as its wall paper?! How freaking cool! I am by no means a "cowgirl", and I would never say that I have southern taste, even though I have spent my entire life in the South. I fell head over heels for this southern styled home. Every aspect of this house was unique. Everything stood out, kind of like me, a fashion obsessed woman living in a state that doesn't care about fashion at all. I was so sad to have to leave this beautiful house behind, and I really did try to capture its beauty, but unfortunately no picture would ever do this house justice.

Skirt: Casper & Pearl
Top: ASOS (Similar)
Shoes: Zara (Old)

No comments:

Post a Comment