Aug 27, 2015

Prada Marfa


 Surprise, bitch. I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.
*Madison Montgomery voice*


I'M BACKKKK! I guess I should explain my absence. A few months ago on a hiking trip to Colorado my laptop smashed into a million pieces and I am just now replacing it. I can't even describe to you the struggle of going two months without a laptop. No online shopping, no blogging, NO NETFLIX. It was tragic. A dark time in my life that I am trying to forget.

In all seriousness, I am so happy to be back and I promise that there will be no more long gaps of silence from me. All of you are rolling your eyes and already annoyed with me filling up your emails with new blog posts, I just know it.

There will be a lot of changes on my blog, because guess what, my life has changed a lot in two months. I plan on adding a social commentary section on my blog where I write personal essays talking about a wide range of issues. I have a lot on my mind lately, a lot of feelings bottled up. 

Anyways, I just got back from a fantastic anniversary vacation in Marfa with my fantastic boyfriend. A few of my new posts might look familiar, because we went back to the same resort we stayed at last year. We couldn't stay away. Honestly, how could you when a place is so magical?

This vacation in particular had an extra dose of magic in the form of a wailing, sassy, one pound kitten. We found her on the side of the road scared, alone, and starving. We brought her home with us, her name is Marfa. She loves it here in her new Austin home. 

Of course, I had to take a trip to my favorite art instillation, Prada Marfa. I decided to wear my best western hippie look. A black fringe skirt, a western style statement belt, and a big boater hat. You can never go wrong with fringe and you can never go wrong with black. The statement belt is my new statement necklace. A belt can bring an entire outfit together and it can make an outfit look more flattering. I think it is extremely important to splurge on one really great belt that you can wear with everything in your closet.

This belt I'm wearing is expensive. It cost me almost $200, but before you write me off as crazy, you should know that I wear this belt at least 3 times a week. Before I decided to spend the money on it, I went into my closet and put together 5 different outfits and imagined what they would look like wiht the belt. I realized that every piece of clothing in my closet could be worn with that one belt, and that is when I knew I had to buy it. I might have spent a pretty penny on this piece, but I am getting a lot of wear out of it. Quality is so important. You are spending money on something that is going to last you your entire life, which makes it worth it. 

I'll talk to you tomorrow, babes! I've got a great vintage post in the works for you tomorrow. 

Belt: The Lair / Hat: Lack of Color / Bodysuit: The Reformation

No comments:

Post a Comment