Feb 2, 2015

She Could Be A Farmer In Those Clothes


"You could hit a few balls in those clothes."

"She could be a farmer in those clothes....."

While the Amber's of the world will never grasp the idea of creating a simple and stylish outfit that is focused around overalls, the Cher Horowitz's of the world (ahem, obviously me and you) will just respond with, "WHATEVER." Like I've said a million times, all of your outfits don't need to be extremely intricate. Sometimes we just don't have time for that. You can keep it simple while still looking stylish. The trick is to pick one item that is unique enough to stand out but easy enough to make people think, "damn, why didn't I do that this morning?" I find one piece (usually denim) and create a simple, yet stylish, outfit around it. As of right now, my favorite pieces to base outfits around are these Zara Overalls that I'm wearing, The Kety A-Line Denim Skirt made by the beautiful Alexa Chung and AG Jeans, and my Lovers + Friends boyfriend jeans. they are such simple pieces, just a pair of overalls, denim skirt, and jeans, but in reality, people don't think about wearing overalls or jean skirts out of the house that much. It's easy to think outside of the box with your wardrobe without going too overboard. If you don't have a pair of boyfriend jeans or denim overalls hanging in your closet, you need to go shopping right now! I swear that these items will save your life someday. Ok, so they probably won't end up saving your life, but they will save you from ever being asked that dreaded question, "Do you prefer fashion victim or ensembly challenged?"


More than anything, I hope that this post made you want to watch Clueless.


No comments:

Post a Comment