Feb 4, 2015

Pretty In Pink

 Everyone here in Texas is pissed off because it seems like the cold weather will never go away, but how can you complain about the cold weather when you have an excuse to be a SHOOBIEEEE. I really hope all of you that read my blog used to watch Rocket Power when you were younger.....

Living in Texas gives me the perfect excuse to be a shoobie because it never gets THAT cold here. We never have snow (bless all of you in the Northeast right now), and even though Texans will cry about how cold it is for hours every day, it rarely gets below 40. One of the upsides to our "cold" weather is that you can easily transition your summer shoes into winter shoes with a cute pair of socks. Believe it or not, this heavy knit dress and pair of socks kept me very cozy all day. You can completely trust me when I say that because nobody likes to complain about the weather as much as me, but I usually throw my tantrums during the summer when it's hotter than the sun outside, soooo get ready for that!!

On a last note, I am really obsessed with incorporating different shades of the same colors into my outfits, especially the color pink. It adds a new dimension to your outfit, and keeps it interesting without making the outfit too complicated to put together when you're getting dressed in the morning. Like I said in this post, you can easily shape your outfit around really simple pieces and ideas. 

Shop my look below:
Sweater Dress: For Love & Lemons (sold out-similar) / Beanie: Nordstrom / Shoes: Dolce Vita / Socks: Free People (sold out of pink but other great colors)



PS: I just really need to add this picture that my boyfriend said, and I quote, "you look like a cute pink dolphin jumping out of the ocean." HA where did I find this guy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment