Feb 16, 2015

Denim Mini

 A lot has happened since I last blogged, I got a big girl job! Yes, my first big girl, 40 hours a week, real after college job. I start this upcoming Monday, I am so nervous!! Everything is about to change. I am no longer allowed to be that lazy person who lays in bed all day watching Netflix and eating breakfast tacos off of my stomach. I won't be able to take naps and do whatever I feel like throughout the day. I have responsibilities now, which is really weird to think about. My first big girl job is a job that I am really looking forward to, one I worked hard to get, but it's not in fashion. I spent so much time interviewing for fashion companies in New York, including Nylon Magazine and Cynthia Rowley, but I made the decision to stay in Austin for a while and save up money before I pick up my entire life and move to a city that is extremely hard to afford. Eventually I am going to accept a job in fashion and move, but when I am more financially prepared for it. I am so happy to stay in Austin for a while longer with my boyfriend and my family and good money. I decided that I am also going to keep my part time styling job, because I just can't bring myself to part ways. I will always have my foot in the fashion door, no matter what. But this means very long days for me. During the day I'll be Kelly, Marketing Coordinator and during the night I'll be Kelly, Fashion Stylist. I'll be going straight from my 9 hour work day to night shifts at Free People, and in between all of that I will be blogging like a mad woman. I am terrified, I really hope I can handle all of this. But hey, you can't get where you want by sitting on your ass.

On Friday me and my boyfriend decided to enjoy my last free Friday at Austin's Blanton Museum of Art. It is one of our favorite places in Austin. It's so beautiful and inspiring. Speaking of Inspiring, New York Fashion Week is in full swing and the runway shows have been a HUGE inspiration for me. You have no idea how happy it makes me to see 70's styles on the runway. I have always had a more 70's bohemian fashion sense so seeing this style catch on again makes my heart happy. 

This denim mini skirt brings me straight back to the 70's. I am not even kidding, I have had dozens of middle ages women run up to me and tell me they had this exact skirt when they were growing up in the 70's. My mom freaked out when she saw it, it brought her right back to her childhood. It has actually been pretty awesome to cause nostalgia in so many women. I really hate repeating pieces on my blog, but you will see this skirt again really soon (probably next week) because I just can't seem to take it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment