Jan 12, 2015

Channeling Jane Birkin

 I want to be Jane Birkin, which is probably something you did not know about me. Jane Birkin is my ultimate fashion icon, I mean the woman has the most famous bag in the entire world named after her, obviously she is pretty freakin awesome. Jane Birkin was famous for wearing mini dresses with slightly A-line skirts, which is the exact style and shape of this little number from Reformation. 

I am not exactly sure if the lovely Jane Birkin wore a lot of leopard print dresses, but I guess that is just my personal touch on such a classic dress. Some people absolutely loath leopard print, and I am here to tell you that I am not one of those people. In contrast, I absolutely LOVE leopard print. It goes with everything and it never goes out of style. As I got older and grew more confident with my style, I stopped shopping for trendy clothes and started shopping for clothes that fit my personality, are timeless, and can be carried from season to season. To me this dress is very practical, I will be able to wear it for many years to come and I can style it up or down for any event and season. To put it plainly: I am obsessed with this dress and you can't make me take it off. ever.

If you are like me and constantly on the hunt for clothes that can be worn for more than a month before going out of season, I suggest you shop at Reformation. The clothes are beautiful, timeless, and made out of recycled material so they are a-okay for the environment. Their clothes can be a little pricey, but you get what you are paying for, definitely a bang for your buck. 

So back to this outfit, as you can probably see, it is very simple. Just a leopard print dress and a pair of killer black motorcycle boots. This dress is a statement piece on its own, so it doesn't need much more to go with it. Adding too many accessories and pieces to an already loud piece will just make your outfit look cluttered and it will just be too much for the eyes to handle. The most that I will do with this dress is add a black boater had or tie a red plaid shirt around my waist. I love dresses that catch all the attention and make it unnecessary to wear a lot of other pieces with it. Sometimes it's just more comfortable to throw on a dress and a pair of bad ass boots to take over the world. 

A quick sorry for how long it has taken me to post, I have been very busy (more like stressed the fuck out) and I just got back from a trip to New York City (I will talk ALL about that amazing moment in my life in another post later this week) so I have barely had time to make it to my computer.......just kidding I spent all day watching Dexter on Netflix so I have been near my laptop, BUT my photographer, aka my boyfriend, was gone on a ski trip for an entire week so I had no choice but to be out of business. I have a lot of really cool posts in the months to come, and tomorrow I leave for a romantic getaway to New Orleans with my boyfriend. Only me and my boyfriend would consider New Orleans a romantic getaway, HA. But seriously, we are staying in the Garden District, which is the oldest, wealthiest, and the most lush area in New Orleans. While I am away I won't be able to blog but follow me on instagram to keep up with my adventures! When I get back I promise, promise, promise I will blog all day every day. 


Instagram: @kellyrector



Dress:  Reformation
Shoes: Vince Camuto

No comments:

Post a Comment