Dec 31, 2014

Looking Back On 2014

 Looking back on 2014, there are a lot of moments that made this the greatest year of my life. Graduating college, becoming an aunt, my various trips around the country, my relationship with my boyfriend, my crazy adventures around Austin with great friends, and many more. There were also many moments that made this the worst year of my life, including a brief, but very dramatic, falling out with my brother and juggling an 18 hour school load while simultaneously working a job. There were a lot of tears, a lot of panic attacks, a lot of times where I didn't want to be me anymore, but there were also a lot of laughs, fun nights, breathtaking moments, love, and times where I couldn't even believe that my life was so amazing. There were moments where I couldn't believe that the beauty surrounding me was real. Sometimes I would step back and think, "wow I can't even believe this is my life. It is so amazing, I am so lucky."

 Even with all of the terrible things that happened to me this year, I am finally realizing how truly lucky I am. I am surrounded by people and places that love me dearly. I have experienced a love that no one else in the entire world will ever experience, I have experienced moments and emotions that no one else will ever be able to feel, and that is truly special.

I am the type of person who believes everything happens for a reason, I know that all of the trials and tribulations that I have been through are just lessons that will lead me to where I am supposed to be in life. Even though there are days where I am feeling down, I am still so lucky to be alive and healthy.

I hope all of you go into the new year with a positive outlook on your life. Oh, and don't let anyone try to make fun of you for making New Years resolutions. Those people are just insecure and trying (and completely failing) to act cool. I already have my resolutions! It is never too late to be the best you that you can be. Happy News Years everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment