Nov 20, 2014

Turtle Necks and Slip Dresses

 Believe it or not, but it is actually freezing here in Texas. Once the weather starts getting cold, a full out panic breaks out among Austinites. We aren't eqiupt for this weather. We are used to it being one million degrees outside. When the first nip of cold swoops through the air and pricks the bare arms of a tank top clad Texan, all hell breaks loose. Everyone is all of a sudden saying their goodbyes as they lay day and accept defeat, just waiting for the cold to take them. Seriously, you would think we were trying to survive naked in the freaking Tundra or something. Even if you live in a warm state and don't have that many pieces of warm clothing, it is really easy and cheap to transition your wardrobe. Your summer and spring wardrobe can take you through the entire year, you just have to get the hang of layering. Splurge on a few sweaters, some knee high socks, and a nice jacket. BOOM, you're ready for the cold. I have had the same beautiful leather jacket for years and I wear it with everything, it was definitely worth the money and it makes it so I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on new winter clothes. Well, me personally, I am a shopaholic so I spent hundreds of dollars on clothes just because I love doing it, but for all of you normal people, stocking up on a few layering pieces is a money saver! I hope everyone is enjoying this cold weather!

Dress:Free People
necklace: Free People (sold out)

No comments:

Post a Comment