Jul 7, 2014

Oak Alley Plantation

As all of you know, I just spent a month and a half traveling from Northern California all the way to Florida with my boyfriend. We stopped in so many beautiful places including San Francisco, New Orleans, and Port St. Joe, Florida. Of all the states I visited, Louisiana was by far my favorite. This state is filled with so much history and passion. All of the buildings are old, extravagant, and colorful. We walked the streets of New Orleans by day, drinking hurricanes from Pat O' Brians  and slurping down big bowls of gumbo, at night we left the city and ate crawfish in broken down bars with french musicians. We danced until the sun came up, and then went back to the city and did it all over again. I have fallen so in love with this state, I will definitely be coming back. One activity that I really loved doing was touring the plantations, my favorite one was Oak Alley Plantation. The rows of lush oak trees lining the pathway that leads up to the mansion is absolutely breath taking. I stood under those trees for hours in complete awe. We toured the plantation owners gardens, slave houses, and the mansion itself, and we sipped home made mint juleps while we did so. It was an amazing day, and thinking back to how beautiful it was makes my heart happy. These pictures can't even do this property justice. If you ever find yourself in Louisiana this is definitely someplace you need to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment