Apr 15, 2014

Playing With Prints

 I have always been afraid of mixing prints. I don't know why, but the thought of choosing the wrong prints and walking out of the house looking absolutely ridiculous has always given me anxiety, but I love seeing other women do it. Mixing prints makes for a unique look that stands out among the crowd. Today, I decided to just dip my toes into the pool of patterns and prints. Polka dots mixed with stripes was a look I saw last season on the Burberry runway during London Fashion Week and I loved it. I decided to try it myself, and I must say, it felt great. I've been running around town all day and I have been stopped by 7 different people who wanted to tell me how much they loved my outfit. One women even said I stood out among the crowd, which was weird to hear because I didn't see myself that way today. Taking fashion risks (this was a risk for me) is so exciting and rewarding. This is not the first time I will be playing with prints, and next time I do it, it will be bolder and better!

Top: Topshop
Shorts: Zara
Shoes: Charles David
Sunnies: Wildfox Couture (old)

No comments:

Post a Comment