Dec 4, 2013

Childhood Fashion Inspiration

Let's face it, we all miss our childhood. The games, the TV, the music, and most of all the fashion! Luckily for us, the 90's are making a huge comeback right now. Seeing all of the high wasted jeans and big chunky sweaters has me feeling pretty nostalgic, so I decided to go back and watch all of the TV shows that I was completely obsessed with when I was younger, and honestly my mind was blown. You know why?! I realized that I am a 22 year old woman living in the year 2013 and all of these female characters wardrobes are still so relevant! I was green with envy when I saw some of these outfits. Is there a store that sells all of the clothes that were used on Clarissa Explains it All and Lizzie Mcguire, because if so tell me where it is! I will go rob it right now. Here is a list of some of my favorite childhood TV show fashionistas.

1.) Clarissa Darling


I think out of all the TV characters in existence, Clarissa is my favorite. Just look at her, she is the definition of 90's fashion. Honestly, I can't even handle the polka dot spandex under the jean shorts, It's too perfect. Clarissa was always Cooky and exciting, and her clothes definitely reflect that.


2.) Lizzie McGuire

The one thing I will always remember about Lizzie, her outfits never matched! It always looked like she picked out a bunch of clothes at random and threw them on. She never matched, and it always worked. She was the queen of clashing patterns and colors. She took a fashion risk and clashed her clothes when it wasn't even a thing yet. She made me want to take risks with my wardrobe. She made me shake my fear of not matching. 


3.) Debbie Thornberry 

 

 Can you say, Smells like Teen Spirit? With her green flannel, orange crop top, ripped jeans, and bad attitude, Debbie Thornberry was the ultimate grunge babe. As we all know, grunge is huge right now, which makes Debbie a style icon. I have rocked this look many times. 


4.) Judy Funnie


 Y'all she even has some of her hair shaved off on the side of her head. I don' think it gets any cooler or more dramatic than Judy Funnie. She wears sunglasses at all times and wears black tights under a purple sweater vest dress. UGH SHE'S TOO COOL. In the winter, I like to take a page out of the Judy Funnie handbook and dress like this. There is nothing better than a sweater dress. 



                               I hope this has made all of you feel as nostalgic as I'm feeling! 

1 comment:

  1. Looking back at the shows then, you do see lots of fashion. I don't think kids pay as much attention to what the characters are wearing or are aware of the messages about clothes that are sent to them via media. Fashion is a cycle and some of these styles will always be seen in one form or another.

    ReplyDelete