Aug 12, 2013

Zion









I know this isn't an outfit post, but I wanted to share some of the pictures I took from my travels this summer. I spent a week at Zion National Park in Utah and to say that it was a breathtaking and eye opening experience would be an understatement. I never truly realize or appreciate all of the beauty that surrounds me until I leave Austin. I'm used to being surrounded by buildings and cars and giant highways. I'm used to never seeing starts at night and hearing the shrieks of people as they stumble home from 6th street. I live in a concrete jungle and I wouldn't have it any other way, but escaping every once in a while is the most amazing feeling. I remember one night at Zion, I was standing out in the middle of the canyon, surrounded by rocks that reach up to the sky, rocks that are so tall they touch the stars. I just stood there breathing in the fresh air and I let the silence envelope me, and in that moment I was so happy. Nothing mattered. We live in such a beautiful world and we take that for granted. Everyone should experience this kind of beauty, everyone should hear the silence, the calmness. When you do, I promise, you will feel a happiness you've never felt before.

No comments:

Post a Comment