Apr 29, 2014

Lipsticks Every Woman Should Try

Let's be honest, lipsticks can be intimidating. There is SO much that can go wrong with lipstick. What if it smears all over your teeth in the middle of a date or work presentation? What if the color makes your teeth look yellow? What if the lipstick is too much and makes you look like a clown? How do you kiss your date without it getting all over his face?! These are the anxieties we face everyday when we decide to go for that bold fire engine red lip or that perfect pink pout. There are so many reasons not to wear it, but there are also so many reasons to wear it. If used properly, lipstick can really brighten up your face and give you a perfect pout. The colors that are really popular to wear this season are pink, orange, and bright red. You might be way too scared to try these looks, for instance, I don't think orange would be a good color on me since I am pale to the point where you can almost see completely through me. It would be a good color for someone who is darker. When it comes to makeup I don't follow trends. I use whatever I feel comfortable wearing. Here are my favorite lipsticks:

MAC Matte Ruby Woo and Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour: Red is my all time favorite lip color. I think it goes really well with my dark hair and pale skin. I use both matte and slick red lipsticks because they both give off a different red color. If I am trying for a subtle red lip, I go with either the Chanel or MAC matte reds. Yes, Matte is always more difficult to put on but the color is powerful without being overbearing. I also love Matte lipstick because you have less of a chance of it smearing all over your teeth through out the day.

MAC  Amplified Im-Passioned: This is the brightest lipstick I own. It is a bright pink color that has a bit of a glitter tint to it. It is so beautiful and I always wear it when it is warm and sunny outside. This is my go to vacation lipstick. It is pretty, laid back, and a fun color to wear. Every girl needs that one fun lipstick that they put on when they are feeling good.

MAC Mineralize Rich Everyday Diva: This is my slick bright red lipstick, and when I mean bright, I mean BRIGHT. This is the holy grail of red lipsticks. It is vibrant, gorgeous, and gives my lips the perfect shape. Every time I wear it I feel like a character off of Mad Men. On the downside, this lipstick is prone to smearing, so you have to be really careful while wearing it. Anytime I wear it, I make sure to have a little mirror with me so I can check on it every once in while. The color is so lovely that you'll soon get over that little flaw.

MAC Amplified Brick-O-La: This is my all time favorite lipstick. I wear this more than any other piece of makeup that I own. I am so in love with this color. It is a very dark pink color. It contrasts well with pale skin and there are hints of blue tones in it which make your teeth look whiter. If you are looking for a lipstick that isn't going to make your teeth look terrible, go for colors with blue undertones. If you don't know how to spot these undertones just ask the woman at the makeup counter and she can help you. If you are in need of a dark lipstick, look no further, this is the best one out there.

Lipstick is one of my favorite accessories, it can really bring a look together. Happy lipstick shopping my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment