Sep 9, 2013

Fall Essentials

Fall is my favorite season. The sound of leaves crunching under your feet, drinking warm apple cider on your front porch, and wrapping yourself up in an oversized chunky sweater while you search for the perfect pumpkin down at your local farm; these are some of my favorite things about this time of year. Fall is such a comforting season, I always feel happy and warm inside when that first gust of cold air sweeps in. Of course, one of the main reasons I am so in love with fall is the fashion. I have compiled a list of fall essentials that you absolutely need in your wardrobe this season. Enjoy

1.) Tall Sock
 
Tall socks are my favorite fashion accessory for when the weather cools down. They can make any outfit look funky and there are so many cute options out there. Chanel and Karen Walker did an excellent job showing off the versatility and pure awesomeness of the tall sock.  For everyone who can't afford these killer over the knee leather Chanel socks,  my favorite store to buy tall socks is Free People. They have a wide selection of colors and patterns, not to mention that they are all extremely cozy. I promise, you will never take them off.


2.)Beanies

 Beanies are a must. Last spring I saw a lot of beanies and leather caps on the runway. I am really loving this hat trend and have found myself buying more and more hats whenever I shop. They are the perfect finishing touch to an outfit. Also, I don't know about any of you, but being outside in the cold without my ears covered is the most painful feeling! I can't stand it. Besides being fashionable, beanies are practical.



3.) Graphic Sweatshirts

 When I saw these graphic sweatshirts by Givenchy, I couldn't help but smile. FINALLY, someone made fun graphic sweatshirts a major fashion statement. I love this look, and the awesome thing about graphic sweatshirts is that you can find them anywhere. My two favorite stores to find sweatshirts are Urban Outfitters and ASOS. they both have a large selection of cool sweatshirts. They are the perfect layering piece, go out and get yourself one or five!

4.) Leather


Of course leather is on this list. It is always so classic, beautiful, and edgy at the same time. I have been adding a lot of leather to my wardrobe lately. Leather skirts, jackets, shoes, hats, shorts, you name it. Leather can be pretty expensive, but I look at it as an investment piece and I know that I am going to wear all of my leather pieces a million times.  I suggest you invest in at least one leather piece, either a jacket or a skirt. Next on my list is a pair of leather pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment